Nowadays, more and more companies choose cloud implementation services to migrate to the cloud. This is something that Amazon Web Services (AWS) has been able to capitalize on with significant success by providing the right tools to create the future of several businesses in the digital environment.
The growth of the AWS platform continues to be unstoppable, and all indicators point to it continuing to remain a leader in the web hosting industry.
The cloud is no longer just a technological marvel but a top priority for businesses looking to build a business advantage over their competition. Choosing the best cloud implementation services and cloud platform will be essential to get the most out of technology for businesses.
What Is Amazon Web Services (AWS)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a cloud platform that offers everything from infrastructure technologies such as computing, storage, and databases to emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and Blockchain.
Currently, AWS offers more than 200 services from its extensive range for businesses worldwide. It is the most popular and advanced solution, used by some of the most popular companies like Airbnb, Netflix, Pinterest, and Axel Springer.
What Services Does AWS Offer?
AWS offers its services through dozens of data centers from its so-called accessibility centers, located in different world regions.
Each region has several availability centers, each of which has multiple physical data centers. Typically, they are interconnected using a low latency network connection. For this reason, the infrastructure becomes reliable and resilient to the failure of entire data centers or individual servers.
The Amazon Web Services includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Data Storage
- Mobile solutions
- Development tools
- Application services
- Management and administration
- Big Data management and analysis
- Artificial intelligence
What are the most significant features of AWS?
Some of the most outstanding functionalities of Amazon Web Services include:
Amazon EC2 (Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud)
It is among the most popular services offered by AWS. A solution that allows increased resources and provides scalable computing power in the cloud.
In addition, Amazon EC2 also allows businesses to develop an architecture that is resilient to sudden spikes in server load. This makes it easy for businesses to increase resources and avoid the chances of overloading.
Amazon S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service)
Another popular feature is that it allows businesses to store data in the cloud and access it anywhere. Moreover, the Amazon S3 solution is very efficient and enables the storage of a virtually unlimited number of files ranging from 1B to 5 terabytes.
It is a CDN (Content Delivery Network) service that minimizes the time required to deliver content to the user. This is performed using a global network of so-called Edge Locations, a network of computers containing copies of data in various locations worldwide. This shortens the distance and the response time between the server where the data is stored and the user’s browser, speeding up the loading process.
Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service)
It comprises a distributed, relational and scalable database service. It is also designed to simplify the configuration, maintenance, and scaling of relational databases for use in applications.
What Benefits Does AWS provide?
Amazon Web Services provides computing power in the form of services for all (public cloud) for all types of requirements and businesses. It offers several advantages that can be summarized as follows:
- System flexibility: AWS cloud services help increase system performance, service availability, and reliability. This is essential for businesses operating in a dynamic environment. Environments where server resource requirements and traffic handling change rapidly.
- Reduced time to market: The AWS cloud platform eliminates the burden of purchasing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure. In addition, it also offers several services out of the box, and developers have access to several advanced tools at their disposal to make their job easier.
- Scalability and high availability: Amazon Web Service’s global infrastructure provides redundancy and operational stability across several regions. The increased availability architecture is fault-tolerant, and it is the business that decides where and how their data will be stored.
- High AWS security standards: The Shared Responsibility Model defines which controls AWS is responsible for and which are the company’s responsibilities. In addition, AWS also provides data backups in the cloud and administrative attention 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- It is the global leader: According to a study conducted by Gartner, AWS uses 5x computing capacity than the aggregate total of remaining cloud services providers.
- Best-in-class PaaS offerings: AWS offers highly scalable managed services for databases, caching, data storage, transcoding, storage, backup, infrastructure management, and application management, minimizing the time and overall effort spent on setup and infrastructure management and thus significantly reducing the time-to-market cycle for end customers.
- It has APIs: APIs are available in several programming languages to help with infrastructure management. Whether it’s launching a new instance or taking backups, AWS makes it all possible with the help of APIs. The APIs are more powerful than AWS Management Console.
AWS: The Best Solution for Your Business
Amazon Web Services supports numerous businesses worldwide with the help of its data centers located in the United States, Europe, Brazil, Singapore, Australia, and Japan.
Amazon leads the cloud computing industry, so businesses actively choose it for their cloud implementation.
At Trigent, we offer specialized services in consulting, deployment, management, and optimization of solutions on the AWS cloud. We specialize in adapting business applications to get the most out of AWS services with cost and performance optimization.