Uttar Pradesh Bachelor of Education (UP BEd) Entrance Examination is crucial for aspiring teachers of the state. A BEd degree is mandatory to apply for a teacher’s job in state-run schools and also in reputed private schools of Uttar Pradesh. The UP Secondary Education Service Selection Board (UPSESSB) conducts the Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) and Postgraduate Teacher (PGT) examinations to fill the vacancies of teachers in state-run schools. Candidates applying for these examinations should have a BEd degree apart from a postgraduate degree in the relevant subject. Hence, every aspiring teacher should know the UP BEd syllabus to crack this examination successfully.
Details of UP TGT PGT Exam
The dates for the UP TGT PGT Exam 2022 will be revealed soon by the UPSESSB. It is expected that this examination’s form will be available on the official website of the UPSESSB in May 2022.
- Aspiring teachers need to check for the official notification for this exam on the UPSESSB website.
- When the application form for UP TGT PGT Exam is uploaded online, candidates will need to click on a link provided for opening this form.
- Eligible candidates need to fill this application form with all required details and submit it online.
- They also need to pay the exam fee online to complete their registration.
- They should take a printout of the filled application form and note down the registration number for this exam.
- They can also get all the essential details of this exam from this website, like the date of this exam and the number of vacancies.
The syllabus of this exam is set for the 12 subjects, namely History, Civics, Geography, Sociology, Hindi, Economics, Science, Agriculture, Commerce, Education, Physical Education, and Music. The TGT/PGT syllabus is quite different from the UP BEd syllabus.
As per the last year’s record, the result of the exams of all these 12 subjects was published on the website of UPSESSB in September 2021, followed by the scheduled interview date for successful candidates. The interview process was over by the end of October 2021. One can download the PDF files of the syllabuses of all 12 subjects from the official website.
Details of the UP BEd syllabus
The UP BEd syllabus set for the Joint Entrance Exam in UP is based on the pattern of this examination. There are two papers for this exam. The first paper has two sections on General Knowledge, Hindi or the English language. The second paper consists of two sections, namely General Ability and the subject chosen by the examinee. This syllabus’s details can be available from BYJU’S Exam Prep website, where the exam pattern and mini mock test papers are also available.
- The General Knowledge section will have questions on History, Sports, Current Affairs, Geography, General Science, Politics, Arts and Culture. It is recommended to study Manorama Yearly Book to answer all 50 questions of this section, which bear 100 marks.
- Hindi or English can be chosen as the preferred language for Section B of the first paper of the UP BEd Examination. Fifty questions in this section aim to test the examinee’s knowledge in that specific language. Hence, questions are set on various chapters of grammar and vocabulary. So, it is best to study “English Grammar” by Wren & Martin and “Objective English” by RS Agarwal to answer questions in English. Candidates who choose Hindi need to study Arihant Book for General Hindi and “Samanya Hindi Book” for 2021.
- The General Ability section contains 50 questions on Reasoning Ability, Puzzles, Coding and Decoding, Classification, Relations, Ranking, and several mathematical chapters, like Profit & Loss, Average, Sequencing, Compound Interest and Percentage. Examinees need to study “Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning” by RS Agarwal and “Non-verbal Reasoning” by Arihant Publication.
- Section B of the second paper consists of 50 questions on the chosen subject. Examinees need to study all the books for 12th grade and the graduation level of that subject.
Since the UP BEd exam is different from the UP TGT PGT exam, candidates need to prepare differently for these two examinations.